Sydney Kayak ABN 565 8046 2147 (“Sydney Kayak”, “we”, “us”, “our”) respects your right to privacy and adheres to the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cwlth) (“the Privacy Act”).
This Policy describes how we collect, use, disclose and protect the personal information that you give us when you use this website, make a booking, attend one of our tours, follow us on social media or subscribe to our newsletter.
In this Policy, “personal information” and “sensitive information” have the corresponding meanings given in the Privacy Act. Information about the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act is available from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au.
Sydney Kayak may change this Policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes. You may request a paper copy of this Policy by contacting us at the address below.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- personal information, including your name and contact details such as email address and/ or telephone number
- financial or credit card information you provide when you make a payment for a tour
- sensitive information: with your consent we collect details of any medical issues or conditions relevant to your participation when you attend one of our tours. We do not collect any other sensitive information
- demographic information such as postcode
- preferences, interests, or other information relevant to the services we offer when you interact with us and/or we conduct customer surveys or promotions
We may receive personal information from third parties. When we do, we treat it in accordance with this Policy.
How we use the information we collect
We use your personal information to provide you with our services, and in particular, for one or more of the following purposes:
- so that we may understand your needs, contact you when you make an enquiry or book one of our tours, provide you with updates and/or process your tour booking when you attend one of our tours, we collect details of any medical issues or conditions, treatment or medication you consider relevant to your participation in the tour. This information will be used in the event of injury to you or illness requiring medical attention during a tour
- internal record keeping
- to improve our services, including through market research
- we may periodically contact you about new tours, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting. You can choose not to receive this material by using the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in the communication we send you or by sending an email to email@example.com
- to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Sydney Kayak, sydneykayak.com.au, our customers or third parties.
We may contact you in a variety of ways including, but not limited to telephone, email, SMS, across our social media platforms or by mail.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, agents, contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers, service providers, insurers or professional advisers as reasonably necessary for any of the purposes described in this Policy, Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in, or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia in circumstances where you have used a third-party website to book our services.
If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law, our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases.
This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality.
We will not otherwise sell, disclose, or lease your personal information unless we have your permission or are authorised or required by law to do so.
The information we collect is stored on computer systems in Australia. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Despite this, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us, or receive from us, as unauthorised access, disclosure or use of your personal information may occur, including as a result of human error, systems failure, hacking or cyber- attack. If this occurs, we will inform you and promptly take appropriate steps to respond to the situation.We retain the information we collect for a minimum of seven years, following which it is disposed of securely.
Our website uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose not to provide us with your personal and / or sensitive information, however in that circumstance we may not be able to provide you with some or all of our services.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include a certified copy of your identification (driver’s licence or passport). We may charge a small administrative fee to cover our costs of providing you with a copy of your personal information.
We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
If you have any queries or complaints about our Policy, please contact us at:
You may also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au